Saturday, September 25, 2010

And I am back...

Inspite of all the best intentions I had about blogging everyday it did not happen. I would gladly report that there was some major emergency or I was busy working on some life altering project but it would not be true. Instead I got caught up with mundane life and mommyhood. Before I knew it the week had passed by.




I did get time though to see a lot of the new fall season episodes which started this week. There are quite a few series premier that I really adored. Especially "The Event", I cannot stop gushing over it. It was gripping and just the kind of genre I like. I have a new favorite which is not crime related. Mr. Clean can finally breathe a sigh of relief. With the amount of Law and Order and Criminal Minds I watch he is fearful I am planning the perfect crime behind his back.

Not having Mr. C around for the week is finally taking its toll on me. Most times I run around like a head cut chicken. Its really hard on the days when I have to go into office and there are kids activities in the evening after school. I wake up in the morning and then suddenly in what feels like a split second the day ends leaving me with a bunch of unfinished to do lists flashing in my mind. I seriously am in awe of all the single parents out there and especially of the Army Wives who cheerfully wave their husbands good bye and raise their kids singlehandedly.

But Mr. C not around freaks me out at times. The other day I stayed up late at night watching some crime drama with a plot featuring a home invasion and then spent nearly fifteen minutes staring at my front door all the while thinking that someone may try to break in and then fastforwarding to how they will react when I tell them I do not even know my bank account number because Mr. C takes care of the finances.

I picked up a new word this week "Catastrophize" its not a real word but its exactly what I do a lot. Basically it means jumping to the worst possible conclusion when faced with a crisis. I do it a lot with my kids. Like when the Straight Line was learning to ride his scooter all I could think of him falling, hitting his head on the black top and me having to rush him to the ER. Irrational I know; borderline paranoid Sure but this week I was glad to find out that I was not alone there are quite a few mothers out there who do it too. And I find solace in those numbers.

More later.... I am out

No comments:

Post a Comment