Saturday, September 25, 2010

How do you handle crisis?

I often wonder at the fact how each human being is created different. Nature has so little to work with. Each human needs to have the same two eyes, one nose, one mouth and two ears but nature still manages to make each of use so unqiue and unlike the other. In the same note everyone handles crisis in such a different manner.


As with other things Mr.C and me handle crisis differently. And our crises range from something minor as not finding Straight Line's homework folder to Rule Bender emptying the whole box of cheerios on the carpet and dancing on them to our parents not being well to work issues and all in between. Mr. C's reaction to any crisis is trying to analyze who is to blame for it. More often than not it ends in the conclusion that yours truly is responsible for all wrongs in this world. If Mr. C could find some convoluted logic he would blame me for global warming and the hole in the ozone layer. Anyways like I was saying as long as he found out a way to blame someone for the situation he is at peace with it. I on the other hand never care for why the crisis occured instead my only thought process works to solve it and my mind kicks into glorious overdrive in emergencies. But I never think of the cause of the crisis and how I should prevent it from happening again. Case in point in the last 4 years I have locked myself out of my own house 3 times but each time I managed to get a locksmith/pry open a window/push in a screen door and get back in.



Mr. C mom is having a minor surgery in India today and he is understandably upset. He is in his room lights dimmed and extremely cranky. I am trying to be understanding but at this moment its just better to give him some space. Last February my mom had major surgery and so I can empathize with how it feels and what probably is bugging him is that he cannot find anyone to blame for it. Jokes apart staying so far away from our loved ones takes it toll. Nothing brings home this fact more than someone back home being sick. The helpless feeling in the pit of my stomach intensifies every time I hear someone is sick. It also deepens the awareness that if an emergency ever occurs we will never be back in India on time to be of any fruitful use. This in itself is a very depressing truth. So all Mr. C and me can do is call up often to see how things are progressing and pray that everything goes well.



No comments:

Post a Comment